Getting help so as to pay off debts can seem to be quite a lucrative thing. This is because, handling all of the debts can become a tough job. So, if you are in debt, you may think of getting debt help online. But, before you go to any online debt help company, it becomes important for you to consider different things and the most important thing that you need to consider is if the company is an authentic one.
Avoiding the scams
In order to avoid the scams before getting help of the debt help online companies it is important for you to:
1. Check if the company actually exists – Try to find out if the company with which you are going to enroll with, actually exists or not. This is important for if the company actually does not exist, you may end up losing more of your money rather than paying off the debts.
2. If it has any BBB accreditation – Try to find out if the company has an accreditation with the Better Business Bureau or the BBB. BBB is a company that keeps a record of all of the companies that are in business (the registered ones). It is always better to go for a company that is BBB accredited and has a good rating with the BBB.
3. If it is approachable over the phone – You need to find out if the company is approachable over the phone. Only if the company is readily approachable over the phone, it may be possible that the company is an authentic one.
4. Find out the brick and mortar office – You are also required to find out if there is any brick and mortar office of the company. If there is any, you can visit the office and get the details from there too. You can talk to the people over there. A brick and mortar office gives the feeling that the company in actuality exists.
5. If it asks for upfront fees – You need to find out if the company charges any kind of upfront fees from you for the help that they are going to provide. As per the rule by the Federal Trade Commission or the FTC, they cannot charge any kind of upfront fees from you before providing nay real help.
So, there are various ways in which you may be able to find out of the debt help online company is a scam or if it is real and authentic. It is important to check with the authenticity of the company because if the company is a scam, the debt amount will increase in leaps and bounds.
Article written by: Martha Jackson